The Network of Jewish Human Service Agencies was formed in May 2017 when the two leading Jewish services associations – the Association of Jewish Family and Children’s Agencies (AJFCA) and the International Association of Jewish Vocational Services (IAJVS) – joined forces.
The Network is an international membership association of more than 140 non profit human service agencies in the United States, Canada and Israel. Its members provide a full range of human services for the Jewish community and beyond, including healthcare, career, employment and mental health services, as well as programs for youth, families and seniors, Holocaust survivors, immigrants and refugees, persons with disabilities and caregivers.
The Network strives to be the leading voice for the Jewish human service sector. As the go-to resource for advocacy, best practices, innovation and research, partnerships and collaborations, The Network strengthens agencies so they can better serve their communities.
Unifying the Jewish human service sector, the Network fosters high impact solutions, innovative practices and dynamic opportunities to strengthen member agencies to meet changing individual and community needs.
Guided by the core Jewish mandate to “repair the world”, the Network of Jewish Human Service Agencies embraces the following:
- Realizing IMPACT – achieving excellence as a catalyst and change agent for the Jewish human service sector
- Cultivating DIVERSITY – fostering equity and inclusion in all Network initiatives
- Demonstrating LEADERSHIP – promoting best practices and advocating for the diverse needs of the sector
- Delivering VALUE – providing constructive resources to maximize member agency capacities
- Recognizing INNOVATION – identifying and implementing creative and effective solutions to challenges
- Optimizing CONNECTIVITY – leveraging the power that derives from a unified Network