All events are Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated.
Date(s) - Jun 6
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Because almost all of us use some form of technology in our practice, it is important to be aware of the clinical competencies of using technology in healthcare. Many behavioral health organizations are now offering TMH services to clients. This medium of communication helps overcome barriers to access. This webinar is intended to provide a broad overview of the competencies of TMH and to help assess whether you and your agency can offer it to your constituents.
This introductory one hour webinar will provide you with a broad overview of the following aspects of TMH:
- The need for TMH
- How to choose technology
- Emergency management planning
- The setup of the environment
- Preparation of the client
- The most common mistakes
- How to obtain further training
- Evaluate if you are competent in TMH or if you need additional training.
- Summarize the need for TMH and the research on TMH.
- List two benefits and two potential drawbacks of TMH.
- List the four main rules of HIPAA law.
- Explain how to determine if you can legally practice TMH with a client.
- List four important competencies of telemental health.
Raymond Barrett, CEO, LMHC, LPC, has extensively provided telemental health counseling services in private practice, for facilities, and for an EAP program. Both as a practitioner and trainer, he aims to fill knowledge gaps and allow for immediate implementation. Ray has developed several courses on telemental health and ensures his courses are updated. He has presented telebehavioral health at several conferences and has assisted many organizations to create, launch, and enhance their telehealth programs through his consultation services.
Non-members may register by contacting Karen Rosen.