All events are Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated.
Date(s) - Feb 9
1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
Clinical Department Directors, Managers, and Team Leads
Happy New Year! We are happy to announce due to popular demand, we are now going to offer a NEW NETGroup for Clinical Department Directors, Managers, and Team Leads.
The goal of this NETGroup will be to provide a space where this group of professionals can share experiences and best practices for what is working well from a managerial perspective and also discuss the unique challenges we face. We hope to continue to get feedback on topics, but some examples could include accuracy in reporting to payers and funding sources, design of education and training programs, delegation of work to others, program budgets, and staff supervision. This group will meet three times during 2023 and if we feel we need to meet more, we can always create Pop Ups.
For our first meeting on Thursday, February 9th at 1:00pm ET, we thought to discuss STAFF MANAGEMENT!
This discussion will focus on how to manage unproductive staff members, strategize effective improvement plans, and discuss elements needed in the process of promotion/demotion/termination. Here are some of the questions we hope to address. So please think in advance of our meeting.
• What are some challenges managing unproductive staff members?
• What to put in the improvement plans?
• Does your agency have a policy in place regarding the use of improvement plans?
• How do we use performance review?
• What are some considerations when we demote or terminate a staff member?
• What are some impacts to staff and agency operation when such a change happens?
• What are the implications to current caseloads for clinicians who are subject to disciplinary action
Our objectives are to:
• Learn to identify unproductive work performance
• Identify effective ways to communicate expectations through improvement plans
• Understand what the potential dynamics and impacts to the department and agency when promotion/demotion/termination happens
• Build a support network with agencies who are creating/implementing policy on staff management