All events are Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated.
Date(s) - May 15
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Winner of an NJHSA 2019 Pillar of Excellence Award for Best Practices, JFS Houston’s comprehensive mental health program has been implemented to combat deaths by suicide and substance misuse in the Jewish community and provide aftercare for those who remain after a related death. The goals of the program are to:
- increase awareness and decrease stigma
- provide support to those suffering and those effected by mental illness
- develop a conversation in the community about mental illness
- decrease suicide in the Houston Jewish community and
- promote and train the community in Mental Health First Aid.
Join JFS Houston as they share strategy, programming initiatives and outcome measurements.
Speaker: Laurie Morgan Silver, a LCSW in private practice for over 25 years, is the Manager of Mental Health Programs at Jewish Family Service Houston. In this role, Silver has been instrumental in the development and implementation of this comprehensive suicide prevention, treatment and aftercare program grounded in Jewish faith and rituals.
Non-members may register by contacting Karen Rosen.