The Child Tax Credit is designed to help families make ends meet, however millions of families who make too little or do not traditionally file taxes may not be aware of these important monthly payments.
Please spread the word about this incredible new benefit to eligible families in the communities you serve. We encourage you to tell families to utilize the Non-filer Sign-up Tool to see if they qualify and spread the word via social media, distribute digital or print flyers, and share resources and guides (below).
- Ideas for flyer distribution and information sharing:
- Grocery bags & other food distribution sites
- Back to school backpacks and at family programs
- Clients seeking financial assistance or benefits counseling
- Clients seeking domestic violence counseling and support
- Career support and job training sites
Click here to watch NJHSA’s recent pop-up meeting, “Helping Low and No-Income Families Get the 2021 Advance Child Tax Credit Payments.”
- White House 1 Pager
- National Association of Counties Resource Toolkit
- IRS Toolkit for Partners
- Step-by-Step Guide to Using Non-Filer Sign-Up Tool
- Free Tax Prep Days by State
- IRS Resources and Guides in Multiple Languages
Contact NJHSA Washington Representative Darcy Hirsh with questions.