With a new Congress fast approaching and a changing political environment, we hope that you and your agency will take the opportunity to weigh in on the Network of Jewish Human Service Agencies 2019 Public Policy Priorities along with the separate document with legislative strategies and recommendations, which will ultimately be adopted by the NJHSA Board of Directors.
- NJHSA’s 2018 American & Canadian Public Policy Priorities
Approved in October 2018, this new supplementary document provides specific strategies for the priorities of both American and Canadian agencies.
These priorities drive our agenda and directly correlate to what the Network supports and opposes on Capitol Hill. Your feedback on these two documents (hyperlinked above) plays a pivotal role in shaping our collective policy agenda for the next year.
By Tuesday, December 11th, consider the following questions:
- Are these appropriate priorities for your agency and NJHSA?
- Do issues or sub-issues need to be added or subtracted?
- Of the biggest problems facing your agencies’ clients, which might be improved via policy or systems change, including funding?
- Potential for success in 2019 – how likely is it that the proposed issues will succeed?
Please consider sharing this email with colleagues at your agency. Thank you for helping us ensure the Network’s advocacy represents your agency best.
Should you have any questions, please contact Mindy Brodsky, NJHSA Washington Representative.